Metropolitan Condominiums is a friendly and diverse community, redefining the standard of modern living in downtown Kansas City.
The developer began working on the project in 2004 and has created a fun living community in a style inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. The building has 218 units and several commercial spaces, three parking levels, with two being covered parking. The Metropolitan condo owners enjoy an on-site gym, pool, and other great amenities.
The Metropolitan Condominiums is owned by Pinnacle Equities, LLC, a subsidiary of Time Equities. They are a full-service real estate company based out of New York. The challenge was to reduce costs to continue to provide affordable housing to its residents.
RTS Water’s conservation measures included the retrofitting and installation of new plumbing fixtures, components, etc. These were done to decrease water usage with the building.
The overall savings was significant. Utility savings were generated in three different areas: water, sewer, and natural gas usage. Most of the savings resulted from water and sewer reductions.
- Installation of Flushometer Toilets bringing the usage of 3.5 gpf down to 1.6 gpf
- Installed 284 tank toilets and urinals decreasing their water usage.
- Installed 285 existing shower faucets bringing the current usage of 2.5 gpm down to 1.5 gpm
- Retrofitted 289 lavatory sinks bringing their current usage of 2.0 gpm down to 1.5 gpm
- Installed a new deduct meter on the make-up line of the cooling tower. At the time of installation, the cooling tower was using 2.1 million gallons per year.