- Upgraded from manual meter reads to Automated Meter Read (AMR) System
- Installation of 6,500 Metron meters ranging from ¾” to 8”
- Need to upgrade existing 13 year old meters
- City needed to recapture unrecorded usage
- Simplify and reduce the cost of reading meters for billing purposes
- Ensure better customer service
By the Numbers
The Town of Silver City was looking for a new solution to an old problem for municipalities: the existing metering system was outdated, and the city was supporting the cost of inefficiencies.
Envocore worked with an ESCO and the City
The City selected a program to replace approximately 6,500, 13 year old, inaccurate mechanical meters with new solid state meters and an automated meter read (AMR) system to capture lost revenue and reduce the burden on monthly meter reading to a drive by solution.
About the Town of Silver City, New Mexico
Silver City is a historic town in Grant County, situated in southwestern New Mexico. It is the county seat and the home of Western New Mexico University, with a population of approximately 10,000 residents. At 6,000 feet above sea level, Silver City’s mountainous air maintains a moderate temperature year-round, yet the town experiences four distinct seasons.