1. Client Challenge:
Like many municipalities, a balanced budget is more and more difficult to achieve. The project was implemented to ease energy cost in order to remain fiscally responsible.
The City has continued to be fiscal stewards by maintaining one of the lowest tax rates and becoming the first to achieve the highest bond rating of any other Nevada municipality.
2. Water Solution:
The City of Henderson’s scope of work included 48 different buildings or locations, 438 upgrades and installing irrigation at four of the city’s parks. RTS Water Solutions based their scope on the needs relayed by the city personnel and conditions found during site inspections. The work included within the scope included both retrofitting existing fixtures, as well as irrigation.
3. The Results:
Utility savings were generated by reducing water usage. Below are the fixtures that were upgraded:
- Urinal valve retrofits
- Specialty retrofits for ice machines
- Tanks (known as Gravity Tanks)
The work included in the irrigation scope included the following:
- The addition of a variable frequency drive to the existing pumping station of O’Callaghan Park
- The replacement of the existing pumping station at Morrell Park
- Addition of a pumping station at Foxridge Park and also Roadrunner Park